UFW Cortex

Show off/share/acquire new ship designs.

UFW Cortex

Postby [DW]Solaris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 am

###TRANSMISSION START###
Hello, fellow gimballers. i found something rather unusual on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'- a catalogue of the blueprints of the UFW ships, only this has images of them, and some specs! the data module is some strange alien tech, and is absolutely huge, so it will take a long time to extract each file from the drive. i will be starting with ships as they show on the drive, so the ordering will be far more unusual than the main database. however, there will be more ships on it than the main database, as there are some smaller ships here too.
the cortex, over time, will grow untill all my vesseles, not just good ones, are on here, and will replace the current Unlimited Fleetworks.
as a general rule, i will refer to the UFWCortex as the cortex, but it will be UFWcortex in the title. of course, it is the Unlimited Fleetworks cCortex, but that takes too long to write.

if you see TRANSMISSION END, then that post is complete, and it will most likely stay as it is.

if you see UPLOADING... PLEASE WAIT instead, it is unfinished, and i will put the unfinished bits in a spoiler so you can see the progress should you wish.

oh, and before i forget - my ship manifest:
Spoiler: show
note, all these ships (unless i cannot fit it) will start with D.W.S. OR DWS or something similar
Key:
Vessel prototype tests complete, vessel ready for Requisition from the Unlimited Fleetworks.
Vessel ready for requisition, but is not accessible from this location, as the file is compressed.
Prototype under construction
prototype class not assigned yet.
* prefix will not fit
Prototype design complete, awaiting final tests and maiden voyage.
Hull complete, weapons systems under construction
and finally:
vessel ready for requisition from the UFWCortex.

Ship manifest:
Sajuuk
Kraken
Kongou
Hiei
Fubuki
Akagi
Defiant
Agamemnon
Gae Bolg
Fervent
Basilisk
Black Opal
Onyx
Night's edge
Light's bane
Forerunner
Crimson Heart*
Corsair
Nomad
Patriot
Templar
Cardinal
Nue
Exodus
Shadow
Vanguard
Dark Vengeance*
Spirit of Fire*
Chimera
Charon
Loki
Redeemer
Warhammer
Salamander
Royal Sovereign*
Black reach
Lancelot
Galahad
Convergence
Nevermore
Laevetienn
Beowulf
Gay Viking?
Insurmountable*
Thunderbird

and for the forbidden manuscript:

D.W.S. Kraken
DWS Black Hand
D.W.S. Executor
D.W.S. Abaddon
D.W.S. Cerberus
D.W.S. Samael
D.W.S. Escalon
D.W.S. Longinus
D.W.S. Ragnarok
D.W.S. Cthulu
DWS Bow of Aegis
D.W.S. Crucible
DWS Scarlet Dawn
D.W.S Armageddon

If you want me to add a ship name just ask. if you want me to build a class of ship with a certain name, again, ask.

disclaimer: please note, the UFW cortex is not responsible for loss of life when using a ship from the Unliited Fleetworks, or the Unlimited Fleetworks Cortex.
Share and enjoy!
###TRANSMISSION END###
Last edited by [DW]Solaris on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mercy? Ha, I ran out of mercy long before you understood the concept of time.
Even gods and demons feel fear.
I am that fear.
and you will find that the universe suddenly becomes a very small place
when I'm angry with you.
[DW]Solaris

UFWCortex -File 1, subsection 03.264.3E-

Postby [DW]Solaris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:31 am

###TRANSMISSION START###

D.W.S. Templar.png
D.W.S. Templar.png (164.73 KiB) Viewed 1972 times

this ship is the first that i was able to extract.
so, the description is as follows:
The templar is a small, heavy Corvette that had massive turning problems, as well as problematic control software. it is turned by looking in the direction you want to point the ship - and hoping that it would turn. these problems were made worse by the fact that the rear view screen was placed above the pilot, which made it very hard to fly.

though flawed beyond reproach, the Templar is armed quite well - it has 3 dual barrelled Railgun turrets, which fire separately, which lowers the strain on the ship's weapons computer, by splitting the guns into two separate instances, which greatly improves the reloading system, as they are all reloading them without having to sequence it as a normal salvo would.
the ship is also armed with two hidden artillery cannons, which are not at all accurate, due to both the control system of the ship, and the lack of a target lead CPU.
this ship is most effective at close range, as the templar has yet another trick up it's jefferies tubes - a Quantum disruptor bomb. two quantum disruptor bombs, to be precise. the QDB's are a form of packet cannon - Quantum meaning packet - but much more powerful than a regular packet cannon. the QDB is really effective at taking out small slow ships - or large ships with a lack of decent armour - neither of which are particularly common. however, the templar has proven itself reliable on numerous occasions, but still has it's problems.

as you can see, the ship has quite a large supply of ammo, so rarely needs to dock with a carrier, unless you use the QDB. it eats through that supply rather fast.

top speed: 839
durability: 2600
mass: 8629
moment: 20370
drag: 659
visibility: 502.4

###TRANSMISSION END###
Last edited by [DW]Solaris on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am that fear.
when I'm angry with you.
[DW]Solaris

UFW Cortex - File 2, subsection 93.234.2A-93.234.3A

Postby [DW]Solaris » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:17 pm

###TRANSMISSION START###

these next two ships are small, agile, and relatively fast, though the slower of the two is a lot slower than the faster - from the blueprints alone you can guess which is which.
the first - D.W.S. Snipper

D.W.S. Snipper.png
D.W.S. Snipper.png (65.03 KiB) Viewed 1964 times

The snipper is a small, agile, but ultimately slow fighter with a nasty kick. in fact, it is so slow that the Darkwing Interstellar Navy had to assign a whole new ship class just for this ship: Defender. so far, i cannot tell if there are any more defender class ships that were made after this, but then again i haven't even scratched the polish of the paint on the surface of this thing yet.
the snipper is a very fragile ship, but it has some punishing firepower to make up. buuut no bcpu's.

the ships specs are as follows:

top speed: 580
durability: 260
mass: 373
moment: 468
drag: 65
visibility: 29.5

the snipper has 8 salvo railguns, and can pack a punch in large numbers.

The next - D.W.S. Snipper B
[attatchement placeholder]
The Snipper B is a cheaper version of the snipper, and can be piloted at rank 3, and is as follows:
this common DWISN intereptor has an extra engine, and less turrets than it's older sibling, and more than than the even cheaper version - the NX- 01 Snipper.

[placeholder screenshot]

top speed:
durability:
mass:
moment:
drag:
visibility:

the snipper Bhas 7 railguns, and 3 airbrakes.

UPLOADING... PLEASE WAIT
Last edited by [DW]Solaris on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am that fear.
when I'm angry with you.
[DW]Solaris

UFW Cortex -File 3 subsection 93.234.6A-

Postby [DW]Solaris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:08 am

###TRANSMISSION START###

D.W.S. Snakehead
IVlD-6 Snakehead.png
NOTE- this attachment is not final, the ship name will be changed before this is complete.
i will change the attachment when that time comes.
IVlD-6 Snakehead.png (100.19 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

this ship was origianally part of a larger, disk shaped ship, but due to problems moving it and a sudden budget constraint, we discovered that if we took part off, we could make an awesome pointy wedge shaped ship that was so totally original we almost called it the wedge ship!!after it was decided that that was silly, and star destroyer was to boring, we almost called it the arrowhead, but decided to nab the name from a book instead.
the cannons on the sides of the ship have a 180 degree arc, so they look better.

UPLOADING... PLEASE WAIT
I am that fear.
when I'm angry with you.
[DW]Solaris

Return to The Hangar