My Hangar

Show off/share/acquire new ship designs.

My Hangar

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Hello and welcome to my hangar.

This thread contains my more useful productions, however there are some outright modifications of ships that were too awesome/effective not to use. But some of those may be deadly, some may be considered stupid, some are simply experimental.

I won't post my whole hangar, because there are way too many things, and some of them are utter shit.

RAMSHIPS (New) (For my older ones, hybrids, see my older thread)

These are for harassing newbs or people that are slow in general. However the guys who are slow and super admiral are likely to be insanely armed. Hence, it is better to avoid using those, except on newbs. Still more polite than using BCPU on them.

Brehmstrahlung - Or how I mispelled bremsstrahlung: a fairly fast ramship which uses mouse buttons for two sets of rocket boosts. Uses Wayward's patented technique of using hood ornaments to increase the collision damage.

Brehmstrahlung.png
Brehmstrahlung.png (110.06 KiB) Viewed 9611 times

Fermilab - Same thing, only a 2000 Ton version of the above to deal more collision damage.

Fermilab.png
Fermilab.png (112.16 KiB) Viewed 9611 times

WDI Dart - One of my favorite ramships straight from Wayward Device Industries. A 2700 mph+ ramship capable of dodging LRM missiles. However a single flak shot is enough to take some trusses out, which makes the ship close to impossible to control and return to the carrier. Nevertheless, with enough will power it is possible to return.

WDI-Dart (DA Ed).png
WDI-Dart (DA Ed).png (68.75 KiB) Viewed 9611 times
Last edited by Darwin Awarded on Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwin's ships:
Aeroplane ... try them out.
Bulldozer (Pushing Carriers in NFZ)
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Re: My Hangar

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 6:39 pm

BOMBERS

These are used to bomb carriers and strip them of their annoying naval cannons. Though these are able to melee and dogfight thanks to their afterburners which are integrated on the vectored thrust mechanism to provide powered turns (you may notice that many of my ships use powered turn which is basically angling the thrust such that there is a component of thrust that points to the center of rotation).

Hexia Twin Drive - If you've seen Gundam 00, you may notice the obvious reference. Space bar - afterburner. Hex = 6; Twin Drive because it looks a bit like it. This was also used for an experiment on conditional input slavers, i.e. if a part goes missing, the thrust is made such that the ship stays balanced. It proved to be not as useful as it sounds, because of the technical difficulty involved in implementing those. The bombs placed at the sides is used for ablation in case of heavy fire.

Hexia Twin Drive.png
Hexia Twin Drive.png (124.36 KiB) Viewed 9610 times

AUV249 A - A Newb pit bomber with decent firepower and insane agility due to the low moment of inertia of the ship. Can cruise at ~1100 mph and go at 1800+ mph on afterburners. Is unarmored, so watch out for guys with lasers.

AUV249 A.png
AUV249 A.png (89.32 KiB) Viewed 9610 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Heavy Laser Ship Attackers

Made in response to X's AT60 BRAD-L2 ship, these are made to charge and destroy internal components with packets.Those only work with slow and sluggish ships like those. Also works with slow and sluggish railgun ships.

Cialume - The most agile ship, with BCPU for more precision, thought the BCPU's precision on packets is questionable.

Cialume.png
Cialume.png (70.83 KiB) Viewed 9610 times

Gachapen - (I wonder where the name comes from). The ship with most firepower. But it lacks agility unfortunately. Has 8 packet cannons, and an energy magazine because packets deplete fast. Can also be used to disarm the carrier.

Gachapen.png
Gachapen.png (74.25 KiB) Viewed 9610 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Missile Ships

I do not own a lot of noteworthy pure missile ships (because what missile ships are noteworthy ? They're just ships with 2-6 LRM, turbojets, flares, sensor, fins and that's it). Hence I will put a few noteworthy ships which have missiles.

Tenri - though I have made many variants of this ship, this ship was engineered to be able to drop mines at high speeds without colliding with them.

Tenri.png
Tenri.png (86.23 KiB) Viewed 9608 times

Drag is Enemy - Ultralight version of the Tenri with a top speed of 3200mph. The ship however is not capable of dropping mines (without compromising safety) at high speeds so it is recommended to drop them at low speeds and then later lure the opponent in the trap.

Drag is Enemy.png
Drag is Enemy.png (80.34 KiB) Viewed 9608 times

Minerva - 2 LRMs, 1 minelayer (high speed capable), and a point defense to use in conjunction with flares to avoid heavy missile fire.

Minerva.png
Minerva.png (83.22 KiB) Viewed 9608 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 7:10 pm

MISCELLANEOUS

Things that do not fit into any category

Shelly (P)- Base design from Aretska (I couldn't be arsed to make my own shelly). One packet cannon with an energy magazine (though uses manual aim). Weaknesses are (open spoilers to cheat, but if you do... shame on you):

Spoiler: show
-Lots of 120mm shells
-Lots of bombs
-Lots of LRMs
-WDI Needle

Shelly (L) #2.png
Misnamed it D: Can't be arsed to rename it.
Shelly (L) #2.png (143.36 KiB) Viewed 9606 times

The Needle - Something made to intimidate opponents. Other than that, it's a fairly stupid design. Uses Robo-sight.

The Needle.png
The Needle.png (97.34 KiB) Viewed 9606 times

Boomerang B2 - Original from Blurb; seriously deadly. Fitted with lasers and uses BCPU.

Boomerang_B2.png
Boomerang_B2.png (79.59 KiB) Viewed 9606 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm

TORPEDO SHIPS

Those ships require a good amount of predicting skills. Using stationary camera helps a great deal

- Damnit Tyronne - Your typical fast (torpedo ship) fitted with one rocket engine. Right click salvos GPS launches and Left Click Does 3 simultaneous GPS launches. Max Speed ~1800 mph

Damnit Tyronne.png
Damnit Tyronne.png (86.14 KiB) Viewed 9605 times

- FT8 - Narucross - Stealth torpedo ship with many firing modes: left click for simultaneous GPS launch (6!), Right click salvos GPS launch and space bar salvos dumb launches which can overwhelm the opponents.

FT8 Narucross.png
FT8 Narucross.png (92.68 KiB) Viewed 9605 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby DETECTIVE JOHN GIMBAL » Sat May 04, 2013 7:19 pm

People don't REALLY use torps.

Do they?

P.S. Love the Needle, any ship that uses turrets to transform is auto-win in my books. I also like the dual purpose fast missile jets! Very cool stuff!
HAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
DETECTIVE JOHN GIMBAL

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 7:32 pm

CURRENT PROTOTYPES (NOT YET EXTENSIVELY TESTED)

These are ships which can use an external input to correct the Ballistic CPU for fast accelerating ships, or the deal with LASERS, which, sometimes tend to be off by a couple of pixels (apparently). Space bar does the firing, and secondary turret should be adjusted to the required angle. There is a possibility that such complication is not worth the money spent, and the human input has the additional problem of possibly making mistakes more than correcting benefits. However, if there is a low learning curve (as in taking long to learn how to operate such things) in some ships, then this is it.

CBCPU stands for Combined Ballistic CPU

CBCPU Prototype - Pretty shitty (well it does kill, but the intended purpose was to experiment), needs lots of calibration, and since the ammo has a speed... I don't think using this method for guns is worth it.

CBCPU2 Prototype.png
CBCPU2 Prototype.png (99.84 KiB) Viewed 9591 times

Fine Tuner LL4 - Since the extra cost associated with this method will affect the propulsion budget, it will lose in terms of air superiority, so the survivalist approach was chosen to tackle the battlefield.

Fine Tuner LL4.png
Fine Tuner LL4.png (95.08 KiB) Viewed 9602 times

CBCPU2-UUL-LL6 - Untested. Unarmored UltraLight, 6 Light Lasers.

CBCPU2-UUL-LL6.png
CBCPU2-UUL-LL6.png (67.56 KiB) Viewed 9602 times
Last edited by Darwin Awarded on Sat May 04, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

ASSHOLE SHIPS

Use these things to backstab enemies (use scope and zoom in max, to see if their have their back facing you), and enter deep into enemy territory.To deal with snipers, wait for them to manifest themselves (they are visible when firing railguns) and shoot. Of course, these ships are not intended to win alone.

Laser Sniper - I don't really like this one, engine placement could be better done now since it has the stabilizer. (Engine placement was earlier placed on top due to lack of stabilizer to have a stabilizing thrust). The engines can fall off easily and you'll have a hard time reaching the carrier for repairs.

Laser Sniper.png
Laser Sniper.png (72.01 KiB) Viewed 9601 times

Newb Pit MoFo - This was made as a direct challenge to Colin during a standing play session to request the ban the BCPU from the Newb pit and heavy lasers because armour parts are not accessible to newbs early. In any case, please avoid using it there.

Newb Pit MoFo.png
Newb Pit MoFo.png (70.4 KiB) Viewed 9601 times

That's it for today.
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 8:01 pm

FAVOURITE STOLEN SHIPS

- From DeathScarab: H-k U (Seriously that default name sucks for a ship like that !) - I have no idea what magic he used, but he has made AUTOMATIC UNFOLDING !!! This unfolds so much that it attenuates projectiles with splash damage !

H-k U.png
H-k U.png (110.57 KiB) Viewed 9600 times

- From Deneverek: X-Drone - This thing just looks cool

X Drone.png
X Drone.png (72.37 KiB) Viewed 9600 times

- From Amazigh: ARSENIC - A really amazing ship, has rotating and strafing functions, since the HLs have high inertia, the strafing enables good control on how to orient the armor pack -- genius !

ARSENIC.png
ARSENIC.png (78.49 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby DETECTIVE JOHN GIMBAL » Sat May 04, 2013 8:39 pm

The whatever bcpu ships have a turret on a turret to adjust the target lead? Or what? Can you explain that a bit more clearly? Also I see a type R armor piece on one of your ships.
HAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
DETECTIVE JOHN GIMBAL

Postby Darwin Awarded » Sat May 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Yes basically sometimes at high speeds or for very high speeds, the BCPU doesn't work that well with lasers (X mentioned something like the aim being a frame behind or something like that). so I was thinking of using human intervention to correct it. The turret on a turret is exactly how that works.

Thanks for pointing out that type R armor, I changed that. It has the same stats as the type N but it's just sexier.

Also sometimes I like using torpedoes because some people think they can get away with flares... though it lacks speed. Missiles are not that challenging to use so I use torps when I get tired of them.
Darwin's ships:
The rest of it
Darwin Awarded

Postby Blurb » Sun May 05, 2013 8:48 am

I can definitely recommend the mine/missile hybrids, although I'd scrap the PD on Minerva.
Seems a bit superfluous to have it, when speed and flares do the work just fine.

Regarding DeathScarab's ship, there's a turret slaver on the empty front turret.
No magic, all science.
Blurb

Return to The Hangar